How to make a booking?
- Fill in the Booking Enquiry Form and click the Submit button.
- You will receive our availability confirmation by email.
- We will send our sales quotation, once we received your confirmation to book.
- To secure your booking, please pay either by credit or debit card via PayPal or cash transfer or cash deposit – learn more
Package Price – Year 2017
- Package Rate Per Person.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR).
- Child rate applies for children between 2 – 11 years old.
- Infant below 2 years old is FOC.
Outskirt Hotels Pick Up & Drop Off Surcharges
- Additional charge of MYR 30 per person is chargeable for outskirt hotels pick-ups and drop-offs in Damai Resorts.
|Categories||Price Per Person|
I have a Group of 2 - 3 Pax
I have a Group of 4 - 9 Pax
I have a Group of 10 & Above
3-11 Years Old
Day 1 : Kuching/ Iban Longhouse
- You morning pick-up awaits at your hotel lobby, where you will be whisked away on a 4 hour drive to the jetty. Don’t fall asleep just yet as the journey will be a scenic one. Enjoy some cultural delights through various stop-overs like roadside villages, a Dayak trading town, a Chinese farmhouse where pepper and cocoa are grown and Lachau for lunch.
- Upon arrival at the jetty, hop on a longboat to the final destination, Iban Longhouse.
- Get a feel of traditional ways of living by touring the Longhouse. Explore the art of mat and basket weaving, see how fishing nets are traditionally made and have a look-see at some handicrafts, fancy some? Don’t hesitate to buy some from the locals.
- Its back to basics here with the facilities, throw luxury out the window and enjoy the simple life. There are no hot water for showers at the River Lodge and the Longhouse. With that aside, fully immerse yourself in the Iban culture, savor ethnic flavors in their delicacies and of-course feel right at home with the warm smiles and friendliness.
- The fun doesn’t end after dinner. Join in on the some ethnic dance performances and let the ancient rhythms move you. Have a go at the locally brewed rice wine known as ‘Tuak’.
- Overnight at Longhouse.
Day 2 : Iban Longhouse/ Kuching
- After breakfast, prepare for some unique experiences. Witness the traditional past-time of ‘cock-fighting’ and a demonstration on the traditional ‘blow-pipe’ hunting tool. Get a chance to jungle walk to see the various plants the natives used for food and making traditional medicine and handicraft. Then it’s goodbye as we depart via longboat downriver to the jetty and a drive back to Kuching Town.
Tour Inclusions & Exclusions
Meals : 01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches & 01 Dinner
Accommodation : 01 Night Iban Longhouse
Includes : Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Return Boat Ride, Meals as Stated, English Speaking Guide, Entrance Fees to Longhouse, 01 Night Accommodation
Excludes : Tipping (Optional), Beverages, Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Should Bring
- Disposable raincoat
- Sunblock lotion
- Insect repellent
- Drinking water
- Swim wear (modest)
- Personal toiletries and other items of personal use
- Good walking shoe and bring a pair of flat sandal
- Large plastic bags (make your overnight pack waterproof)
- Bring a spare plastic bag for wet items (in case you go swimming)
- Comfortable cotton T-shirts with long or short pants recommended.
Things You Should Know
- Kindly be informed that the accommodation at longhouse is very basic. Mattresses, pillows, blankets & mosquito nets are provided. You will be sleeping in the ‘Ruai’, communal covered walkway of the longhouse.
- Iban Longhouse provides the experience for visitors to understand the Iban culture. Do note that it is not a local homestay.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- We reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
2D1N Longhouse Experience
- Reviews (0)