|Description||MARI MARI CULTURAL VILLAGE TOUR|
|Pick Up Point||Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City|
|Pick Up Time||Option 1 (Morning) (Recommended)
Option 2 (Noon)
Option 3 (Evening)
|Drop Off Point||Your Hotel in Kota Kinabalu City|
From rice-wine making to blow-pipe shooting to fire-starting, soak up some culture and sharpen those survival skills at the Mari-Mari Cultural Village. Experience Sabah, as it was.. as it is, the cultural village is engaging and educational for those who wish to get a glimpse of Sabah way back when we still lived in long-houses and practiced pagan rituals.
About the location
Mari Mari Cultural Village is located deep in the countryside about 25 minutes away from the modern and developing Kota Kinabalu city. The village operates as a museum that preserves Borneo ethnic culture. It aims to share the knowledge, history, culture, and tradition of Borneo with you so that it is not forgotten.
How to make a booking?
- Fill in the Booking Enquiry Form and click the Submit button.
- You will receive our availability confirmation by email.
- We will send our sales quotation, once we received your confirmation to book.
- To secure your booking, please pay either by credit or debit card via PayPal or cash transfer or cash deposit – learn more
Package Price – Year 2017
- Rate Per Person.
- All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and are inclusive of 6% Goods & Service Tax (GST).
Single Traveler Surcharge
- Additional MYR 30
- Child rate applies for children between 2 – 11 years old.
- Infant below 2 years old is FOC.
Outskirt Hotels Pick-Up & Drop Off Surcharges
- Additional charges of MYR 30 per pax are chargeable for outskirt hotels pick-ups. OutSkirt Charges Applicable for Hotels Outside of Kota Kinabalu City Area & One Borneo Area.
|Categories||Price Per Person (THIS MONTH'S PROMO)|
|Adult Traveller |
I have a Group of 2-9 Pax
|Adult Traveller |
I have a Group of 10 Pax & above
|Child Traveller |
I am accompanying a group of Adults
I am a Single Traveller
- Visit Mari Mari Cultural Village
- Experience Different Ethnic Groups of Sabah
- Food & Wine Tasting
- 1 Meal
- Hotel Pickup/Drop Off
|Mari Mari Cultural Village
Meet at hotel lobby.
Proceed to Mari Mari Cultural Village, located 25 minutes away from the city. The journey will take you to long roads surrounded by a rich spectrum of greenery and overarched by wild blue skies. Upon arrival at the entrance of the village, teleport back to the times of ancient Borneo through the magical display of unique ingenious architecture, simulated lives and ritualistic ceremonies.
You will be ushered in to the warmth of different homes of the ethnicities of Sabah to get acquainted with each village tribe and experience their rich culture. Each home was built by descendants of the tribes they represent and offer you a truly genuine experience seeing everything in and around the village.
Check out the little demonstration huts in the village where daily routines of traditional Sabahan life come alive. Grab the chance to see blowpipe-making demonstration, fire-starting demonstration using bamboo, tattoo-making demonstration, and get an in-depth look at the mystical symbolisms behind them.
You will get a chance to witness the demonstration of cutting tree harks into making a vest and a chance to dance and jump for “prize” on a built-in Lansaran, a traditional trampoline-like floor. Also get a chance to sample Sabahan traditional delicacies from each ethnic group such as the Montoku (rice wine) and witness bamboo cooking. Have fun and enjoy the cultural show performance by the tribes before proceeding for a delectable traditional meal.
Tour Inclusions & Exclusions
Meals : 01 Lunch or 01 High Tea or 01 Dinner
Includes : Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach),Meals as Stated and English Speaking Guide
Excludes : Personal Travel insurance, Tipping (Optional), Any Items Not Mentioned
Things You Should Bring
- Sun Lotion (Afternoon Session)
- Insect Repellent
- Day Pack
Things You Should Know
- Meals included is either Lunch, High Tea or Dinner. Depending on your selected tour departure time.
- Departure time varies from different Hotel Locations. Please reconfirm with our Sales Executives.
- Arrival/Departure time & journey duration stated within the itinerary are approximate and subject to road traffic conditions.
- We Reserves the right to alter routes, timetables and itineraries reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
- Departure time is approximate and varies from different hotels due to traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staffs. Should the transport be delayed, please call the relevant telephone number as stated on the voucher before making alternative arrangements.
- We reserves the right to alter routes, timetables, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.
Mari Mari Cultural Village Tour
- Reviews (0)